Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thomas Michael is here!

Yesterday, we went checked into the hospital at 5:30 to start the Cervidil (which softens the cervix). They kept that in until 5:00 this morning.

Once that came out, they started the Patocin right away and things progressed pretty fast. Around 11:00 they gave me the epidural, which I am so glad that I had! Once that kicked in I was able to take a nap and when they came to check on me at 2:00 I was dilated to an 8 1/2. They checked me again at 3:00 and I was already to a 10 so we had to wait for the doctor before I started pushing.

Thomas Michael was born at 4:22 and weighed in at 8 lbs. 4 1/2 oz. and is 20 inches long. He is the cutest baby! We've already changed 2 poopy diapers and fed him 3 times (although he doesn't eat much at all right now).

Here are a few pictures....
Thomas Michael

The Rennie's

My Parents, Thomas & Me
Tom feeding the baby his 1st meal
Representing the Steelers

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! Love ya... can't wait to meet Mr. Thomas Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Congratulations! He is a big boy! I know you are super excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear... they are exactly the same size. I'm kind of disappointed... I wish they would grow!! :-)

    ReplyDelete