Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 24, 2013

My Parents Visit the 'Burgh

My parents came up for their first visit on Thursday night. Tommy said the funniest thing to my dad when we got home (as you can tell from previous posts - he loves boots and other cowboy things), well he told my dad "Grandpa, if you take your boots off - I will wear them." Subtle Tommy! It still makes me smile thinking about him saying that.

Friday, we had a big day. First up, we headed over to Tom's office to say "hi." After that, we headed to Washington, PA for a little outlet mall shopping. That was the only stop on our trip that I didn't get lost. :(

Once we finished up at the outlets (we got a few awesome deals), the plan was to head over to Primanti's for lunch. It was supposed to take about 30 or 40 minutes according to my phone, but with me non-existent knowledge of where things are in Pittsburgh - it ended up taking about an hour. The food was yummy and my parents really liked it so my getting lost wasn't a big deal.

Lunch at Primanti's

Tommy rode on a helicopter at the outlets

The next stop was the incline. Again - it should have taken about 15 minutes to get there, but it ended up taking me about 45 minutes to get there. I could see it, but couldn't find the streets I needed to get to it. :) We did have fun once we got there, so again the lost thing didn't matter.

Tommy was showing my mom the ropes

They look like a couple of grouches - haha

The only scare was on the way home, I got lost again trying to get out of the city (haha - I definitely need practice) and was extremely low on gas. To make matters worse, it was rush hour and I couldn't find a gas station. I had to call Tom and have him look up where one was. Luckily, there was one really close by and we didn't have to push home.

Saturday, we had Grace's 2nd birthday party - more on this in another post.

Today, everyone minus Tom (he had to work) went to Eat N Park for breakfast before taking my parents to the airport. The good news is that I had no trouble getting to or from the airport. Woo-hoo!

The birthday girl with Gramma and Grampa

Me with Superman (the shirt has a cape)

We had a lot of fun with my parents and can't wait to see them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment