Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 5, 2011

Grace and the Cursed Ear Infections

Last Friday at 4:00 in the afternoon, I received a call from the daycare telling me that Grace was running a 101.5 temp. I left work shortly after that to pick her up. Tom and I decided that we would take her to the doctor once I picked her up if she looked bad.

Once I went in to her room I could tell right off that she was sick - she had the red bags under her eyes and she could barely muster up a smile for me (which is rare - she's always smiling). I buckled her into her car seat and then headed across the hall to get Tommy. I called Tom as soon as I got in the car to have him meet me at Acute Care. I actually like going there when the kids are sick, because we've never had more than a 5 minute wait.

When we got back there, they took her temperature again (in the butt) and it was a whopping 102.7! I told the doctor I was concerned that she might have an ear infection, because that was how Tommy's always started. She confirmed my suspicions - Grace had a double ear infection and to top it off - she's teething! We were prescribed 2 medications (amoxicillian and a numbing drop for her ears) and sent on our way.

Poor baby! I seriously hope these are the only ear infections she gets, because I don't want her to have to get tubes like Tommy did. :(



She is chewing on everything right now (and drooling up a storm)

1 comment:

  1. Poor baby... I hope this is her only ear infection too!

    And wow, her hair is getting long!

    ReplyDelete