Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 25, 2016

Meet the Pirates Day @ PNC Park


On July 24th, we went to PNC Park early so we could go down to the field to talk to and take pictures with some of the Pirates players.

Tommy had a lot of fun talking to the players and wanted to take a picture with all the ones that came by. They were all so nice!

Tommy with Chris Stewart

Tom, Tommy and the 3rd base coach

Tommy with a couple of the pitchers

Jeff Locke

Sean Rodriguez

J-Hay (I laugh when I see this picture - we look like a family - haha)

I let Tom get in on the family picture. :)

It was extremely hot and they wouldn't let you take any drinks down to the field. I started to feel dizzy after about an hour on the field and walked up with Grace to buy a water. I was feeling so bad that I had to take a couple breaks on the way up and kept missing steps. 

We finally made it to the concession stand and I managed to buy a water (my vision had gone black by this time) and I ended up losing feeling in my hands - and couldn't unclench them. Grace was standing there crying and I could feel my phone vibrating, but couldn't get it out of my purse.

Thank goodness, the stadium had just opened to the public and not many people were around. The ladies at the concession stand were so nice. They called Tom to let him know where I was and they had the EMT's come and get me. I'm not going to lie - I was pretty scared!

They wheeled me into the First Aid Station and ended up having to pump 2 full bags of saline solution into me. By this time, I was starting to feel better (and my hands unclenched), so we decided to go meet up with everyone else at Rivertowne and I drank some more water and cooled off some more.

We did have seats in the shade, so I was able to sit in the stands for the fest of the game. Man - what a day! I'll definitely make sure to load up on water in the future. :(

The kids made sure to keep cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment