Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving Break

My parents came up to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with us this year. To be honest, it was nice not having to pack up the house (ha!) to travel - especially since we are going to TX in the next few weeks.

I picked them up from the airport late Wednesday morning, got the bags, picked up Tom at the house and then headed out for lunch at Primanti's. We picked the kids up right after and pretty much stayed home the rest of the night. I did a little baking, but not much else. Oh - I did do some "Black Friday" shopping online and got quite a few things.

Thursday, we looked over the sale ads and then prepared Thanksgiving dinner. It was such a nice afternoon with the family. That evening, after stuffing ourselves with pie - my parents and I went shopping at a couple places and got everything on our lists. We were only out for a few hours.

Family photo (minus me)

There I am!

Grace was play peek-a-boo in the previous picture.

Black Thursday (?) shopping

Dad actually didn't gripe this time - haha

Tom suggested that we go to the Strip District (in Pittsburgh) Saturday morning. It was a lot of fun. We ended up spending the most time in Penzey's (a spice store). They had a cute little section for kids to color, which worked out perfect for us - we didn't have to rush. I even picked up some teacher gifts.

The kids are occupied while I shop.

After spending a couple hours there, we headed to The Church Brew Works for lunch. It is very interesting (Tom and I have been years ago) and my parents and the kids liked it. Hopefully, Tommy won't think all churches have beer and food - haha.

Tommy sat with the girls

Grace sat with the guys

Yummy beer

Grandma & Grandpa with the kiddos

Sunday, was another laid back day. We didn't do much - just grilled steaks for dinner and hung out. We did take some photos so I could do Christmas cards. Here are a few pictures I loved, but didn't use for the Christmas card.

They can be so sweet to each other.

Handsome.

I have a good looking family. :)


My parents left late Monday morning to head back to TX. It was a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment