Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tommy's Soccer Party

We had a very busy Saturday!

In the morning, we took the kids to get a haircut. They both are pros now. Tommy wanted wacky hair like daddy's and Grace ended up eating a sucker (I didn't realize she knew what to do with them - ha).

So handsome

Smart little cookie

After that, we went to get the balloons and headed back to the house to meet my family and to make sure the kids had naps before Tommy's party.
Getting ready for the party

We got to Frisco Indoor Sports right on time. I wanted to be there early, but these people moving a house blocked the road and ruined that plan. I talked to the people up front as soon as we walked in and they were so dis-organized EVEN THOUGH I called up the day before to make sure everything would be ready.

The party was supposed to be from 3:00 to 5:00. They didn't even have the field the kids would be on ready until 3:15 AND then the hostess didn't even do anything - the kids just ran around kicking balls. I guess I expected a few organized activities for the kids. Tommy and his friends didn't care (or even notice) - they had a great time running around.
Birthday Boy

Running drills


Grace held on to this ball the entire time - haha

Kylee went for one a little bigger


Chuck and Daddy hanging out

Charlie, Tommy & Shinjini

Kimberly acting like a dork



At 4:00, when we were supposed to go back to the party room, the girl came and told me that the pizza's hadn't arrived yet so we could play a few more minutes. Arrgh! Thank goodness we brought water (they were supposed to provide) for the kids to drink. At 4:15 the pizza's finally came, so we all headed back to the (hot) party room. The kids ate pizza's, but the juice boxes were still on the way (the person got stuck in traffic) - again - thank goodness for the water we brought.

Showing us where the pizza was going to go

After the kids finished with the pizza, the juice boxes finally came. We all sang "Happy Birthday" to Tommy and the little stinker blew out the candle before I could get a picture! The cupcakes were a hit and I could tell  all the kids had fun, but it just upset me that my son's birthday party wasn't perfect.

Toy Story Cupcake Cake

Someone is getting excited


"woody"



The good thing (I guess), is that the people told me that I didn't have to pay the balance on the party. At least they realized they weren't doing a good job.

Once all the kids got a gift bag (with Toy Story stickers, Toy Story fruit snacks and Play-Doh), we headed back to the house so Tommy could open up his gifts from our family.

Gift Bags

Tommy fell and hit his head on the wall (early on in the party) - poor guy

Adam, Kimmy and my dad watching the girls

My mom and dad got him a scooter and a gun belt with guns (Tommy LOVES Back to the Future III). We got him a helmet, gas pump for his Little Tikes car, and a Little Tikes Bean Bag toss. Kimberly, Adam and Kylee got him some new Chuck Taylors.

Ready for some presents

Cool helmet

Ready for some scooting

My parents took us out to dinner at Tin Star before they left to head home.

 Hamming it up


My mom and dad

The only family photo we took.

Tommy loved his soccer party - which I'm happy about - and he kept talking about how excited he was that all his friends came.

No comments:

Post a Comment